Last updated: 17 Aug 2019
EDUCATALYST, a leading edtech firm, registered in India, for imparting learning, is the owner of (also referred to as “Educatalyst” or “it” herein) of the website checkpointanswers.com (the URLs, the website, the products and services together referred to as the “Services”). The terms “You” or “Your” refers to You as the user (irrespective of whether you are a registered or an unregistered user) of the Services.
EDUCATALYST values your trust and honors it by adhering to ethical standards in gathering, using, and safeguarding any information that you provide.
If you wish not to agree with any of the terms and conditions of this Policy, kindly refrain from using the Services.
User Provided Information
EDUCATALYST records the information you provide when you register for the Services. When you register with it, you generally provide (a) your name, age, email address, phone number, password and your ward’s educational interests; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or use Services; (c) information you provide when you contact it for help; (d) information you enter into its system when using the Services, such as while asking doubts, participating in discussions and taking tests. The said information collected from the users could be categorized as “Personal Information”, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Associated Information” (each as individually defined under this Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “Data Protection Rules”)) shall collectively be referred to as “Information” in this Policy.
EDUCATALYST may use this Information to contact you from time to time, to provide you with the Services, important information, required notices and marketing promotions. EDUCATALYST will request you when it needs more information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows it to contact you. You, at any time while using the Services, also have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier, to use such Personal Information. Withdrawal of the consent by you is required to be sent in writing to EDUCATALYST at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of email being “WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFO”. In any such event, EDUCATALYST fully reserves the right to withdraw further usage of the Services or provide any further Services thereunder to you.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Services may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device/computer you use, your mobile devices/computer unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device/computer, the device operating system, the type of Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Services and any other relevant information as per the permissions that you provide.
EDUCATALYST uses an outside credit card processing company to bill you for the goods and services availed by you. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information of you for any other purpose.
Use of your Personal Information
EDUCATALYST uses the collected Information to analyze trends, to conduct research, to administer the Services, to learn about each user’s learning patterns and movements around the Services and to gather demographic information and usage behavior about its user base as a whole. Aggregated and individual, anonymized and non-anonymized data may periodically be transmitted to external service providers to help it improve the Services. EDUCATALYST will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described below in this Policy.
may use the individual data and behavior patterns combined with personal
information to provide you with personalized content, and better your learning
objectives/experience. Third parties provide certain services which it may use
to analyze the data and information you provide to personalize, drive insights
and help better your experience or reach out to you with more value-added
applications, products, information and services. However, these third party
companies do not have any independent right to share this information. EDUCATALYST
does not sell, trade or rent your Information to any third party unless, it has
been expressly authorized by you either in writing or electronically to do so. EDUCATALYST
may at times provide aggregate statistics about its customers, traffic
patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, however this
information when disclosed will be in an aggregate form and does not contain
any of your Personally Identifiable Information.
EDUCATALYST will occasionally send email notices or contact you to communicate about the Services, benefits and related information, as they are considered an essential part of the Services that you have chosen.
EDUCATALYST may disclose Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- to enforce applicable ToU, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- when it believes in good faith (doctrine of uberrima fides) that the disclosure is necessary to protect its rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, address security or technical issues or respond to a government request;
- with its trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information EDUCATALYST disclose to them, and have agreed to and adhered to the rules set forth in this Policy;
- to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Services or Educatalyst or its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- with third party service providers in order to personalize the Services for a better user experience and to perform behavioral analysis;
Any portion of the Information containing personal data relating to minors provided by you shall be deemed to be given with the consent of the minor’s legal guardian. Such consent is deemed to be provided by your registration with it.
Access to your Personal Information
EDUCATALYST will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current. If you have filled out a user profile, it will provide an obvious way for you to access and change your profile from the Services. EDUCATALYST adopts stringent security measures to protect your password from being exposed or disclosed to anyone. Only upon you forgetting the password for the Services, EDUCATALYST will have a right to reset the same for you with your prior approval as per standard web practices.
EDUCATALYST sends cookies (small files containing a string of characters) to your computer, thereby uniquely identifying your browser. Cookies are used to track your preferences, help you login faster, and aggregated to determine user trends. This data is used to improve its offerings, such as providing more content in areas of greater interest to a majority of users.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Some of Services and its features may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
EDUCATALYST may alert you by email or phone (through sms/call) to inform you about new service offerings or other information which it perceives might be useful for you.
EDUCATALYST is concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. It provides physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Information that it processes and maintains. For example, EDUCATALYST limits access to this Information to authorized employees only who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Services. Please be aware that, although its endeavor is to provide stringent security, for information that it possesses and maintains, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
How long does EDUCATALYST retain user data?
Currently, EDUCATALYST retains user data while an account is active and for at least three years afterwards. It may alter this practice according to legal and business requirements. For example, it may lengthen the retention period for some data if it is needed to comply with law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, it may shorten the retention period for some types of data if needed to free up storage space.
When you access the Website, its servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you send an email or other communication to “Educatalyst”, it may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve its Services.
Changes to this Statement
EDUCATALYST believes that, every user of our Services must be in a position to provide an informed consent prior to providing any Information required for the use of the Services. By registering with it, you are expressly consenting to its collection, processing, storing, disclosing and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended by it. Processing, your information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, sharing, transferring and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in India. If you reside outside India your information will be transferred, processed and stored in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of India.
EDUCATALYST shall undertake all reasonable efforts to address your grievances at the earliest possible opportunity. You may contact us at:
Reach out to us on email@example.com, in case of any queries.
We value your privacy and strive to protect your personal information. Please read this Policy to understand what types of information we collect from you, for what purposes and what choices you have regarding our collection of your information.
Children’s Personal Information
This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others).
If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without verification of parental consent, please contact us using our contact form.
Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Your email address and password. We treat this information as “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”. We never store passwords in plain text format, only secure password hashes.
- If you made a purchase on Checkpoint Answers, we store a token provided by our payment processor PayPal which represents your credit card information. Aside from this token, which is usable only by Checkpoint Answers, credit card information is not stored on Checkpoint Answers servers.
- Non-personally identifiable information, such as demographic information about you, information about your computer system or device, your preferences, your school, your online activity, and your location information (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” a “Non-PII”). Non-PII, by itself, does not identify you, but it can be combined with other information in way that allows you to be identified. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as PII.
We may collect information from or about you in the following ways:
- Information Provided by You. We collect information provided by you when you (1) create your public profile; (2) communicate with us or request information about or from us by e-mail or other means; (3) participate in our online forums or post content on this Website (“User Contributions”), (4) fill out forms or fields on this Website; (5) sign-up for any of our newsletters, materials or our services on this Website or other sites; or (6) participate in our online surveys or questionnaires.
- Information from Other Sources. We may collect information about you from other third party or public sources, such as from public forums, social networks (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or others), blogs, other users, or our business partners.
- Automatic Information Collection. We also use automatic data collection technologies to collect and store certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns when you interact with this Website through your computer or mobile device. In addition, we may allow third party ad networks to use automatic data collection technologies to collect similar information about you for purposes of providing interest-based ads.
Automatic information collection technologies
The information that we collect about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns includes, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, search queries, as well as information about the computer or device you are using and the Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This automatically collected information typically does not include PII, but we may maintain it or associate it with your personal information collected in other ways. Collection of this type of information helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to, among other things: (1) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (2) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests; (3) speed up your searches; and (4) recognize you when you return to this Website.
The automatic collection technologies we or our service providers use for this automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). This Website may use two types of cookies (small data files placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website): a “session cookie,” which expires immediately when you end your browsing session and a “persistent cookie,” which stores information on your hard drive so when you end your browsing session and return to this website later, the cookie information is still available.
- Web Beacons. Pages of this Website and any e-mails sent to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened our e-mails.
Third party advertising partners and interest-based ads
Google Analytics data is used for remarketing purposes. You may visit ad settings to opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Links to Third Party Websites and Social Media Widgets
This Website and some of our electronic communications to you, may contain links to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. Links to third parties from this Website are not an endorsement by us. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle information they may collect from or about you.
This Website may also include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and the page you are visiting on this Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Your interactions with these features and the information from or about you collected by them are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including any PII, to:
- Provide information and services requested by you;
- Provide customer support, including responding to your requests and questions and troubleshooting and resolving problems or complaints;
- Verify the information you provide to us;
- Communicate with you;
- Understand and anticipate your use of or interest in, our services, and content, and the products, services, and content offered by others;
- Develop and display products, services, and content tailored to your interests on our websites and other websites;
- Provide you with promotional materials and Newsletters in case you opt-in to receive those;
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our online, content, and programming, and other activities;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Website;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Use or post user contributions as permitted in our Terms of Service; and
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide your information and for any other purpose as described to you at the time your information is collected or for which your consent is given.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose and share aggregated non-PII about you at our discretioon. We may disclose or share your PII only in limited circumstances:
- With any Drupal Association employee or agent for support of our internal and business operations or to respond to a request made by you.
- We may disclose information we collect from or about you when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our affiliates, users of this Website, or other persons.
Your choices about use and disclosure of your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding our use of your personal information. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over your information:
- Promotional and Informational e-mails. We do not send any promotional or informational emails without your opt-in first. If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, follow the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the promotional e-mail. Note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive transactional e-mails from us (e.g., e-mails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, password reset requests, reminder e-mails that you have requested, and any other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Website).
Accessing and correcting your information
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. We also may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirements, be contrary to our Terms of Service or any other applicable agreement between you and us, or cause the information to be incorrect.
Upon deletion all private and personally identifying information from your profile will be deleted. The data will stay in backups on our servers for 2 weeks, after which it will be completely removed. Public content you created, such as issues, forum posts, projects, documentation page revisions, etc. won’t be deleted. All this content will be attributed to ‘Anonymous’ user.
Once deleted, your account is gone and cannot be restored.
Protection of your information
We use reasonable security measures to protect your information collected through this Website. We do not store passwords in plain text format, only secure password hashes. However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% safe, and we cannot guarantee absolute security. Therefore, your use of this Website is at your own risk and we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your information will always and absolutely remain private and secure. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or concerning this Website. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.